Professional Aviation and Military Artist
HMS Iveston (M1151) makes way on a windy ocean. One of 119 ton-class minesweepers built for the Royal Navy in the 1950s, Iveston was largely constructed from aluminium and other non-ferromagnetic materials, with a wooden hull to minimise the risk of triggering magnetic mines.
Launched in 1954, Iveston would later become a training ship for sea cadets berthed at Tilbury docks from 1993 until 2014. She was eventually broken up in 2015, over 60 years since her launch.
Oil on board.